Today is my birthday! Yay! I am so excited for 26- 25 was an interesting year and for the most part a tough and annoying one. I am hoping that this new year brings more positives and less negatives, more successes, more happiness and well…just more. I have learned a lot this past year though, it was not an all out bad year. I decided to give you a list of 25 things I learned and of course a wish for the new year.
1. Don’t do something because you think it’s what you should do. Do it because you want to, do it because it’s right.
2. Pick a hobby, commit to it. I promise it will come in handy one day.
3. Have wine with your friends. It always leads to the best of adventures.
4. Take a baking class.
5. If you have a boyfriend/fiancè/husband/anything else, tell them you love them often.
6. Seriously, don’t skimp on the “I love you’s”
7. Keep the good friends close. Tell them that they are important. Tell them they are an integral part of your life.
8. Tell your parents you love them too. And call your grandparents. Keep them close. Because sometimes they’ll be ripped out of your life and all you’ll do is wish that you had one more chance to say goodbye.
9. Gather all the people you care for and dance the night away with them.
10. Try a new drink. You’ll be surprised.
11. Workout hard. Your body is capable of more than you think.
12. Eat cleaner. Seriously- your insides will thank you so much.
13. Try new food. Wether it’s a new restaurant, different type of food, or something that creeps you out!
14. Go do yoga outside and then do a wine tasting. I swear it’s amazing- don’t forget the bugspray though.
15. Make your own Halloween costume, you’ll get more out of it ;)
16. Read more books!
17. Make flour-less, butter-less, sugar-free cookies/muffins, they’ll change your life.
18. Shut off the phone, grab your person’s hand and go for a walk. You won’t miss anything- but you’ll gain so much more. Promise.
19. Teach someone something. How to play a sport, how to tie a knot, how to say something in Spanish- They’ll always be grateful
20. Never. Ever. EVER get stuck doing something you don’t like. Sometimes this is easier said than done- But really, don’t just do something for money, because if you’re not happy, it will show in everything you do. Always strive for happiness – life is too short to do otherwise.
21. Talk it out. Stagnent air and weird silences are not worth it. The resolution to a problem is always better.
22. If you have long hair and are sick of it, try a bob- If you have short hair and you’re sick of it, get some highlights, a little change goes a long way.
23. Smile always. Smile when people are rude, smile when people are kind. It will either be confusing as hell or just a nice gesture that goes a long way.
24. Do something you’ve never done before. P90X, 10 mile run, shots of hot tequila, dance on a table, high five a cop, dance with strangers… you get it. They make for a helluva story.
25. Cherish all of the moments and all of the people. One day you’ll want to relive them and you won’t be able to- So live in the present as if there were nothing else.
And my wish for 26. Score big professionally and personally. BIG…
Cheers to all of my fellow August birthday friends, may you be blessed with a party where all the attention is on you! Lord know you love it!